Thank you for your interest in Limelight Theatre!
The LLT ED is responsible for the artistic leadership and management of the Theatre including strategic planning and goal setting, meeting the objectives of the organization’s mission, and expanding fund and budget development. The ED reports directly to the Board of Directors, however the position is also responsible for managing the LLT Staff, made up of the Director of Education, Technical Director, Marketing Director, Box Office Manager and other LLT Personnel and is responsible for their annual evaluations. With that in mind, the ED must be an excellent communicator and skillful in managing a staff of creative individuals. The ED is the face of the Limelight and, as such, must be someone who can inspire the LLT staff, as well as our patrons and the local community, to further appreciate, participate in, and love the theatre!
RESPONSIBILITIES (The day-to-day)
- Oversees all business management of the theatre and coordinates all activities, including the planning, selection and implementation of a Main Stage season, with approval from the Board.
- The ED is a voting member on the Board of Directors and, as such, is required to attend monthly Board meetings.
- Works directly with Marketing Director to implement the LLT marketing plan and supervise the creation and execution of marketing materials and campaigns that support that plan. This will include expansion of social media presence, web traffic monitoring, analysis and development of online ticket sales, email correspondence, and other campaigns to increase revenue, expand membership, attract new donors and widen our audience base.
- Hires and provides direct supervision of theatre staff. Promotes the professional development of all staff by mentoring and managing their performance. Works to ensure that all personnel practices conform to best practices and to federal, state, and local laws.
- Oversees planning and implementation of capital expenditures and facility improvements that will grow annual revenue, with approval from the Board.
- Works with Director of Development and Board of Directors to plan, organize, direct and expand fundraising programs.
- Works closely with the Accountant & Treasurer on budgets, expenses, and any other items pertaining to LLT financials.
- Maintains & develops a visible leadership role in the local community and a presence in the larger theatre community and works closely with the Board of Directors to fulfill and advance LLT’s mission, “To provide quality artistic enrichment for St. Johns County through year-round theatrical performances, arts education, and community engagement”.
- Represents LLT to the national, state, and local community, government agencies, funders, businesses, press and constituencies through active involvement in events and programs.
QUALIFICATIONS (Here’s what we’re looking for)
- Minimum 5 years’ experience in theatre operations
- Minimum 3 years’ experience in non-profit industry
- Demonstrated success in securing major gifts from foundations/corporations and/or individuals
- College degree in a relevant discipline
- Must be an original thinker with strong leadership and management skills
- Demonstrated ability to manage people and budgets
- Excellent written/oral communication skills
- Computer literacy
- Ability to work in a hands-on environment with limited resources
- Ability to work flexible hours when necessary
Due to the educational focus of Limelight Theatre and interaction with interns and Limelight Theatre KidzfACTory and Education Department participants, the Executive Director will be required to successfully pass a background check.
This position is full time.
Please use this link to apply for the Executive Director position where you’ll be asked to upload your resume, cover letter, and three professional references to be reviewed by our Executive Search Committee. Or you can snail-mail these items to:
11 Old Mission Avenue
St. Augustine, Florida 32084
No phone calls, please.