WHEN: Saturday, July 28 from 1p – 4p
*** PLEASE ARRIVE BY 12:45p ***
WHERE: 11 Old Mission Avenue in Uptown St. Augustine
PERFORMANCE DATES: September 21 – October 21, 2018
Season Opening Party: September 20
Terrific Tuesday: September 25
Come taste the wine! Come hear the band! Your table’s waiting. Come to the cabaret! Welcome to the dazzling, provocative world of the Kit Kat Club, a fictional nightclub in pre-World War II Berlin.
Directed by Beth Lambert
Music Direction by Shelli Long
Choreography by Missy Schmotzer
• EMCEE (Male/Female, 25 – 50) vocal range: middle C to high C#, tenor; the host/master of ceremonies at the Kit Kat Klub–presented as a gender-questionable character comfortable with being close to both men and women; comedic, lovable; stage movement and dance; age range and appearance flexible, speaks with a German accent sometimes.
• SALLY BOWLES (Female, 20 – 40) vocal range: low A to high C, soprano, strong belt; a British cabaret singer at the Kit Kat Klub, a quirky character who comes across as flighty, yet at times struggles with knowing the darkness of the reality of her life as a cabaret performer; comfortable with stage movement and light dance; speaks with a British accent.
• CLIFFORD BRADSHAW (Male, 25 – 40) vocal range: low A to high E, tenor; an American novelist and English teacher traveling to Berlin; presented as a closeted gay man exploring his sexuality; comfortable with stage movement and light dance; speaks with an American accent.
• FRAULEIN SCHNEIDER (Female, 50+) vocal range: low D to Ab above middle C, alto; a landlady who rents rooms in her large flat; comfortable with stage movement and light dance (waltz); speaks with a German accent.
• HERR SCHULTZ (Male, 50+) vocal range: low G to high F, tenor; one of Fraulein Schneider’s roomers and the proprietor of a fruit shop; comfortable with stage movement and light dance; speaks with a German accent.
• FRAULEIN KOST (Female, 30 – 50) vocal range: low A flat to high F, alto/mezzo; another of Fraulein Schneider’s roomers, she earns money by offering favors to sailors, presentation of the character should exhibit a strong sexual comfort and commanding nature; comfortable with stage movement; speaks with a German accent.
• ERNST LUDWIG (Male, 20 – 60) sings in the chorus, vocal range flexible; a friendly and likable German, takes English lessons from Cliff, and smuggles funds for the Nazi party; comfortable with stage movement and light dance (waltz); age range is flexible, speaks with a German accent.
• KIT KAT KLUB GIRLS (Female, 18 – 35) five-eight will be cast as Kit Kat Club performers and various featured roles; seeking strong singers in all voice parts; the individuals will also be part of various scenes as performers and as club patrons; the ladies can be of various shapes and sizes–the key is that they are comfortable with their femininity and scanty costumes that show off sex appeal; features (“Two Ladies,” “Telephone Dance,” etc.) will be drawn from this group; dance skills required.
• MALE DANCE ENSEMBLE (Males & Females, 18 – 35) five-eight will be cast as Kit Kat Klub waiters and patrons and various features; seeking strong singers in all voice parts; should be comfortable with portraying free in gender depictions; features (Bobby, Victor, “Tomorrow Belongs to Me,” etc.) will be drawn from this group; dance skills required.
• CHARACTER ROLES/SINGERS (Males & Females, 25 – 35+) seeking two men and two women to play Club Patrons, Party Guests, and Various Features; seeking strong singers in all voice parts, comfortable with stage movement and light dance.
• Bring sheet music or a digital track of a contemporary or classic musical theatre song and be prepared to sing.
• Headshots and resumes are REQUIRED. Just a quick cell phone photo is fine, but needs to be printed and submitted with resume.
• Rehearsal schedules will be determined by cast availability.
• Please bring a list of conflict dates for rehearsals.
• Performers cast in the show must be available for all performances.
Performances are 7:30 p.m. Thursday, Friday and Saturday evenings; and 2 p.m. Sunday afternoons. One Terrific Tuesday performance at 7:30 p.m. the first Tuesday of the run.
Established in 1992, Limelight Theatre is the only year-round community theatre located in St. Augustine, Florida. CABARET marks the beginning of the theatre’s 27th Season! The theatre boasts two performance spaces, a 130-seat Mainstage and a 75-seat Black Box.
limelight-theatre.org • 904.825.1164 • 11 Old Mission Avenue • Uptown St. Augustine