Coney Island Christmas
Matuza Main Stage
Nostalgia, music and merriment — A timeless and universal tale of what it means to be an American during the holidays.
- Matuza Main Stage
- December 1-23, 2017
- Preview: November 30
- Terrific Tuesday: December 5
- 8 men
- 10 women (doubling, flexible casting)
- 2 girls, age 12
- children for ensemble
SHIRLEY ABRAMOWITZ — age 90, feisty
CLARA — age 12, Shirley’s great-granddaughter
YOUNG SHIRLEY at age 12 — Also performs in the holiday pageants
ABRAMOWITZ — age 40s, Shirley’s father. Also plays a Side-Show Hawker in a dream sequence
MRS. ABRAMOWITZ — age 40s, Shirley’s mother. Also plays Dream Jesus in a dream sequence
MRS. KORNBLUM — a neighbor. Also plays a Teacher and in a dream sequence A Bearded Lady
HILTON — age 30s, the drama teacher. Also plays a Gypsy Fortune Teller
MISS GLACE — age 20s, the music teacher
EVIE SLOTNICK — an adult actor playing age 12, Shirley’s best friend. Also performs in the holiday pageants
JACK SAUERFELD — an adult actor playing age 12, Shirley’s crush. Also performs in the holiday pageants
IRA PUSHKOV — an adult actor playing age 12, the wisenheimer in Shirley’s class. Also performs in the holiday pageant.
HENRY BROWN — an adult actor playing age 12, a classmate of Shirley’s. Also performs in the holiday pageants
ANNA LING — an adult actor playing age 12, a classmate of Shirley’s. Also performs in the holiday pageants
ENSEMBLE – portray neighbors, hawkers, Shirley’s classmates and more. Also perform in the holiday pageants
- Be prepared to read from the script.
- Headshots and resumes are REQUIRED. Just a quick cell phone photo is fine, but needs to be printed and submitted with resume.
- Rehearsal schedules will be determined by cast availability.
- Please bring a list of conflict dates for rehearsals.
- Performers cast in the show must be available for all performances.
- Performances are 7:30 p.m. Thursday, Friday and Saturday evenings; and 2 p.m. Sunday afternoons. One Terrific Tuesday performance at 7:30 p.m. the first Tuesday of the run.