Thank you for your interest in auditioning at Limelight Theatre!
For more than 25 years, we’ve had the extreme pleasure of welcoming actors and actresses from the Northeast Florida area and beyond to our stage. They’ve brought with them a wealth of knowledge, insight, and passion — making a performance at the Limelight something audiences will not soon forget!
We want you to be part of our story. Whether you are a seasoned performer or just starting out, there’s a place for YOU at Limelight Theatre. Give it a try!
Part of our role as a nonprofit performing arts organization and as theatremakers is to recognize and celebrate the differences in humanity that make us one. Theatre is a platform for building connection, empathy, and understanding — it gives a voice to those historically without one — it fosters a community. We are committed to creating a safe artistic atmosphere where the entirety of our community is represented and has a voice. Unless strictly and specifically mandated from the playwright, all roles are open and available to anyone regardless of race, color, or body type.
Written by William Inge
Directed by Hazel Robinson
June 11 – 20, 2021
Preview Night: June 10, 2021
Terrific Tuesday: June 15, 2021
Saturday, April 17 beginning at 12:00pm
• Audition will consist of cold readings from the script.
• Please bring a theatrical resume and headshot (if available.)
• COVID-19 Safety Protocols will be in place. Masks are required and physical distancing measures must be adhered to.
• We will accept video submissions for BUS STOP until 4:00pm on Saturday, April 17.
• Please prepare a 2-3 minute monologue, dramatic or comedic.
• Please fill out this virtual audition form [https://forms.gle/bNkyPyivpfeicadj6] and submit your video to Ryan Walker at [email protected]
• Elma Duckworth, a waitress [Female, 20-30]
• Grace Hoylard, owner of the restaurant [Female, 40-60]
• Will Masters, a Sheriff [Male, 40-60]
• Cherie, a chanteuse [Female, 20-30]
• Dr. Gerald Lyman, a former college professor [Male, 40-60]
• Carl, a bus driver [Male, 30-50]
• Virgil Blessing, a ranch hand, ***plays guitar*** [Male, 40-50]
• Bo Decker, a young rancher and cowboy [Male, 20-30]
We want to see who we are going to be working with for the next several weeks/months! Be your most authentic self.
Confidence is a winning attribute! We want you to be part of our shows, so be confident that you belong and that you have something to bring!
Conflicts? Don’t hide them! Be honest about what you’ve got going on so we don’t hit any walls in the future.
Do Your Research.
Read about the show you’re auditioning for and, when available, request a copy of the script!