2 to 5 p.m. Sunday, April 9
The Nance recreates the naughty, raucous world of burlesque’s heyday and tells the backstage story of Chauncey Miles and his fellow performers.
Shelli Long, Director
- June 2-25, 2017
- Preview: June 1
- Terrific Tuesday: June 6
- Ned – a young man from upstate, he leaves his wife, and comes to New York to learn more about his sexuality. He meets and falls in love with Chauncey in an automat, and later becomes a bit performer at the theater.
- Ephraim – the leading comedian and manager of the Irving Place theater where Chauncey works
- Sylvie – one of the strippers who works at the Irving P
lace, she is a member of the Communist party, and frequently argues politics with Chauncey.
- Joan – another of the strippers, more innocent and vivacious
- Carmen – one of the strippers, who specializes in playing with an exaggerated Latin-American accent onstage
THIS ROLE HAS BEEN CAST**
Chauncey Miles – a gay burlesque comic who plays a “nance” character onstage.
**Dave Alan Thomas will play Chauncey Miles
Bring a period song (1880-1930) Burlesque or Vaudeville in nature. No pianist will be provided, must be with tracks, may not be unaccompanied.
Be prepared to read from the script (short monologues also will be accepted).
- Headshots and resumes are preferred but not required. This is very helpful when casting.
- Rehearsal schedules will be determined by cast availability.
- Please bring a list of conflict dates for rehearsals.
- Performers cast in the show must be available for all performances.
Performances are 7:30 p.m. Thursday, Friday and Saturday evenings; and 2 p.m. Sunday afternoons. One Terrific Tuesday performance at 7:30 p.m. the first Tuesday of the run.
11 Old Mission Ave
St. Augustine, FL 32084